Experience With a Personal Touch
Thomas Taft Salon has been envisioned and designed from the ground up with the intention of creating an atmosphere to nurture and encourage inspiration. Our Upper East Side salon has an industrial downtown feeling and our SoHo salon is the perfect mix of old school charm and modern fashion. Thomas Taft Salon has cultivated a culture that industry noted. We are honored to serve the Upper East Side and SoHo communities.
We Aim to:
- Inspire (in and out of our salon, our peers and our clients)
- Be amazing hairdressers (creating unique styles to fit our clients)
- Educate (ourselves and our clients, there’s always more to learn)
- Build deep relationships (with clients, professionals and each other)
- Revere authenticity and creativity (in all forms)
- Partner (with our clients, peers, community and environment)
- Love what we do (otherwise, why bother?)
Who is Thomas Taft?
My inspiration and grandfather. By example, he taught me to how to be an entrepreneur and the importance of giving back to my community. In the early 60’s with eight children, Thomas Taft, with his wife and father took a risk and began their own business, Taft Hardware, in Hopewell Junction NY.
In the coming years the hardware business began to expand with hard work and a commitment to excellence. The importance of treating your employees with respect, continuing education, and providing a good value for clients were the lesson from him that I incorporated into my Salon.
He was a Dutchess County legislator and President of the Wappingers Central School board and BOCES for many years. Thomas Taft Salon continues his tradition of giving back to our community. We have participated in the following:
- Bowery Mission Soup Kitchen
- Ronald McDonald House
- Montefiore Children’s Hospital
- Popup for Change (cuts for seniors in poverty)
- New York cares Food Drive
- Yellow Rose Project (Prom hair for girls who lost their mothers)
You can see the Hardware influence in design of both our Upper East Side and SoHo salons.